Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mace Meadows Is Not Worth The Stop



Every time I've driven to the Daddy Longball Golf Classic in Lake Tahoe, I drive up SH-88 out of Stockton, then turn on SH-89 to Meyers. Just east of Pioneer on the left is Mace Meadows Golf Course. I've wondered what the course was like, but have never played it.
I'm RV'ing in Jackson at the Rancheria for a few days and decided that today was the day to play Mace Meadows. I got to the course rather late, in time for the 3pm twilight rate of $18 with cart. As you can see from the first tee box, the course looks in OK condition and looks fairly open. The pro shop warned me that they had lost a couple of water pumps and "a few" of their greens were "coming back." Okaaaay.
The front nine was much tighter than the back nine, though the front is sloped higher. I'll continue on the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment