Saturday, October 6, 2012

No Pics From Wolf Run

I learned a valued lesson Saturday morning. I set my alarm on my cell phone for 5:10. When I woke up and saw daylight, I thought, "oh shit, no golf today." Later, after the players dinner, Jerry F and I were talking and I told him that I always turn off my phone when I sleep. He was surprised that I didn't know that if you turn your phone off, your alarm doesn't work. I'm on my first smartphone and on my old phones, the alarm always worked when the phone was off. I tested it out back in my motel room and sure as shit Jerry was right on the money.
To solve this issue, the first thing I did when I got out of the motel was to drive straight to Rite Aid in South Lake Tahoe and buy an alarm clock with battery backup. I also bought an extension cord so I could reach the plug in any part of a motel room. I now know not to depend on my cell phone alarm.
I was pretty sheepish at the dinner and ate a lot of shit from my fellow Members. Deservedly so.

No comments:

Post a Comment